Thursday 16 March 2017

Today reminder - 16 March 2017

A reminder for today
Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.

Yesterday someone broke into my car and stole my laptop. It is not the deed as much that upsets me, but the loss of work that is on my hard drive. So today I am typing on our tablet and what a challenge it is. 

Jesus says here in Matthew 11 that we must bring all our worries and concerns to Him. He will take our challenges from us as we take on His burden which He says is light. Our yoke may be heavy now, because we are trapped by our worldly desires and our needs. Jesus says that we must come to Him and His yoke is light which means when we turn to Him we become His followers and we submit to His authority. This means that our worldly desires and needs does not have a place in our lives anymore. Our needs is Him and spending eternity with Him.

So today I have simple challenge. Do not leave your laptop in your car when in South Africa. Take your burdens to Jesus and let Him be the authority in your life. 

Lord, we give you our burdens and ask that be the ruler of our lives. Let us wear your armour today and destroy the enemy. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...