Thursday 23 March 2017

Today Reminder – 23 March 2017


A reminder for today
Go away, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping. The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD will answer my prayer. May all my enemies be disgraced and terrified. May they suddenly turn back in shame. (Psalm 6:8-10)

Yesterday we discovered a huge bug and I had to make a fix and fast. What caught me was not the fix, but the fact that I missed it. I love my work and I take great pride in it, so something like this gets to me. At the same time, I read about the attacks in London. I was caught up in my work, but when I drove home last night, I realised that the enemy is really desperate. Look at what he is doing. He hides this issue from us and brings it out now to try and break me and in the same sense he attacks London and yet more innocent lives are lost. I realise once more that the end is very near. 

Our prayers and thoughts go out to the people in London and I pray that the Lord will give them peace so that they will find restoration in their pain. We feel your sorrow and we stand by you in this difficult time. 

The Lord wants us to cast away all evil. Say with me: “Go away, all you who do evil” The Lord our God sees our pain and He hears our plea. The Lord will answer our prayers and our enemy will be disgraced and terrified as he turns back in shame. The Lord will judge them on judgement day and I can tell you that those who inflicted pain on God’s people will be truly sorry. It is only a short time and then our Lord will return. 

So today let us castaway evil and turn from it. Break temptation’s hold and ignore any desires that the enemy can come up with. Stand firm and defend your heart.

Lord, I pray for all the people affected by the attacks in London and I pray that you will give them peace and let them seek you instead of hate and anger. I pray that those bad people will be found and captured and that you will reign down and save us from these senseless attacks. Be with us as we put on your armour and face the enemy. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...